Friday, April 16, 2010

So it's been like five months since I posted, and all I've got is this lame post about some shirts I got for a steal. . .

My friend Camille over at Archives of our Lives has been doing a "Saturday Steals" feature on her blog recently and I decided to participate this week(you should too, I'm sure she would love to have you).

Anyway, so earlier this week I ran into Old Navy to pick up a new white shirt for work. I have to wear white, and I'm working like a bajillion and two hours this week, and I desperately needed a new white shirt. Not the point.

Anyway, I went into Old Navy and lo and behold, they were having a sale in which all of their clearance items were fifty percent off. It was glorious. It was also thoroughly picked over(it's a college town, these things happen).

Of course, there was not a white shirt to be found amongst the clearance racks, but I managed to find one for $10- originally $14.50. Not exactly a steal, but this story gets better, I promise.

I then found a cute purple sweater with huge brown buttons for $3.49. I kid you not, $3.49. The buttons alone are probably worth that.

I also purchased three simple, but cute t-shirts. One was $2.98, and the others cost me $1.98 a piece. That's almost cheaper than fifty percent off day at Goodwill!

Grand total: five shirts, $21.83 - I realize this would be far more impressive had I not needed the ten dollar white shirt, so if you take that out, that is four shirts for $11. 83, and that is a steal indeed.


PS, sorry for the crappy, last minute cell phone picture.
PPS, I am three finals and one nasty work week away from a much needed break in sunny AZ! [insert hallelujah chorus here]

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Way good deals! I went to ON yesterday for Stuff and Save and was less than impressed with their selection... Bought some stuff, but am taking it back today! I'm so glad you found such great deals, and I'm totally jealous of that purple sweater!

lizlaughs said...

I love finding good deals like that.

Durfee Family said...

*Hallelujah Chorus* repeat! Can't wait to see you here in Sunny AZ!!

And...good job on the savings! New clothes that cost hardly anything are always the funnest to wear!!!

Camille said...

STEALS! And ten bucks for a staple item (because indeed the white shirt sounds like a necessary staple) is really not bad at all.

Thanks SO much for joining in the fun! I hope you make it a habit!

Geevz said...

Ah Old Navy, I can never find what I'm looking for that cheap, but I always find tons of things I'm not looking for at ridiculously great prices. Awesome steal!

Hillary said...

Oh Alicia how I love and miss you!!

That is such a good steal! :) WOW!
I have been going to old navy more recently and sure love their good prices! Great job!!

I CANNOT WAIT until you are home in AZ. Good luck with everything!